Friday, April 16, 2010

A Busy Week


This week I found myself running around like a crazy woman. Actually, I'm finding that most weeks I'm running around like a crazy woman. Hmmmm. Maybe it's just me?

I'm no party planner extraordinaire, nevertheless, I found myself doing just that- trying to pull off a party, for the women in my church.



When I'm not making jewelry, I love to bake and decorate cakes. Here's my never fail, go to chocolate cake recipe, courtesy of my dear friend Sharon:

Chocolate Cake Recipe

1 pkg (2 layer size) chocolate cake mix (I used devils food)
1 pkg (4 serving size) Instant Jello Chocolate Pudding
4 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup water
chocolate chunks (I used semi sweet chocolate chips and it turned out great)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease pans. Beat ingredients until well blended, stir in choc. chunks. Bake 50 mins to 1 hr. (If you are making the cupcakes, cut the cooking time in half. Be sure to watch them so they don't burn.)




It was a wonderful evening.

It's nice to have something nice every once in a while.

It's even nicer if someone else is the crazy woman doing all the running around. :)

3 comments:

  1. i am a crazy woman, too, i feel like!!! those cupcakes look amazing...i love the colors for your party!!! so fun! hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe-they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love how it turned out. I love all the Spring colors and the pom-poms above the tables. I would have loved to be in attendance at this party. Plus, those cupcakes were DIVINE! You are amazing, Sara. So good to catch up with you the other night!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails